***mtn-i 2nd Asia Pacific Awards***
The 30 institutions already shortlisted!
13 MTN and structured note dealers and 17 issuers have been shortlisted for mtn-i’s 2nd Asia Pacific Awards Dinner to be hosted on September 29th at the Four Seasons Hong Kong.
Nominations are closing today! So if you can’t find your name on the list – there’s still just time to submit a landmark deal or institutional performance or book your pitch slot ahead of the final round of decision making.
You can also register now for mtn-i’s 2nd Asia Pacific Structured Note, MTN & CD and Investor Solutions Showcase on the 28th/29th September. See these shortlisted issuers and dealers present their winning solutions and credits to investors. And meet all of them by taking part in mtn-i’s now famous speed networking sessions and at the awards dinner itself.
|African Development Bank
China Construction Bank
China Development Bank
Commonwealth Bank (CBA)
Industrial & Commercial Bank of China
National Australia Bank
Late submissions are still coming in. Don’t miss out.
Send your submission NOW!
What can win?
- You can nominate deals, issuers, dealers and investors.
- You can nominate them for your or their MTNs & CDs, Structured Notes,
Investor and Funding solutions.
What are the categories?
- Landmark Deals – trades which opened markets to new buyers or new issuers, or deals which packaged new payoff and underlyings. Or new funding solutions for borrowers. They could be deals which lead key Asia Pacific product categories. They could be the biggest deals of the year or or they could be a small deal that seeded the start of a new trend.
- Institutional Performances – Dealer, Issuer or Investor initiatives, business launches, market leadership, innovations – any inspirational performance or pioneering venture is eligible for nomination across the region’s products, currencies and asset classes. Or it could be your institution’s performance across all asset classes and parts of the region. You can be as specific or expansive as you think fit.
- Editors Awards – recognise performances, deals, ideas and initiatives which defy conventional categorisation.
How do we enter?
- You can pitch by email, powerpoint, conference call, face to face. The mtn-i editorial team will as always independently review our comprehensive data and daily Breaking Asia coverage for ideas. So a termsheet, data disclosure or a nudge in the right direction might be all that’s required to get our attention and recognition.
Celebrate sucess with colleagues and clients
Winners and diners at last year’s mtn-i Asia Pacific MTN and Structured Note Awards dinner.
Turn up to win!
As the feedback from our first Asia Pacific showcase illustrates – if you are an issuer, dealer or investor you can win new opportunities to do new business just by turning up for this year’s 2nd mtn-i Asia Pacific Showcase.
- 53 of the regions top institutions were represented among 125 delegates who attended debut showcase and awards dinner in 2010 and took part in 1,000+ meetings across speed-networking sessions.
- 90% of them expected new business to be the result of attendance in 2010 and 20% said they executed new business within weeks. 80% rated content range and depth Excellent/Very Good.
Showcasing stunning views of Asia Pacific’s future…
From our new venue The Four Seasons in the heart of the finanical district and its stunning roof top terrace.
…and growth stories as
- Off-shore CNY outstandings top USD10bn, 50+ borrowers find funding and a dozen plus dealers battle for market share according to mtn-i data…
- An Off-shore options market for CNY FX and rate swaps emerges…
- Callable Zero sales to Taiwanese Life companies top USD40bn, diversifying into local credits and and 40 firms fight for business…
- Local Asian currency structured note sales top USD10bn annually…
- Funding raised from privately placed local FX note sales accelerate past USD50bn annually…
- Japanese structured note sales hit USD20bn record in 2010 and recover post Tsunami/quake…
- Private wealth across Asia over-takes Europe and Singapore storms past Switzerland…
- The European sovereign crisis re-defines local investor perception of credit risk and appetite…
- mtn-i keeps score with its comprehensive data – powering discussions and the 2nd Annual Asia Pacific data wall spotlighting 100 FX, product, issuer and dealer growth and leadership stories…
From the market’s leading players…
A stellar line-up of the region’s leaders opening mtn-i’s 1st Asia Pacific Showcase in 2010.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to speak or showcase your institution or products at this September’s event.
80% of responding delegates rated Excellent or Very Good the “overall relevance, range, depth of content”. The remaining 20% scored it Good. (Breakdown: 20% Excellent, 60% Very Good, 20% Good). Ratings for the moderation of sessions backed by mtn-i’s data and research were even higher!
This year’s line up will once again include:
- Key market review The road ahead for the Remnimbi revolution, local FX funding and structured notes.
- Product and Strategy Showcase: The cutting edges across asset classes
- Local Issuer Showcase: Local FX issuers present their credits
- International Issuer Showcase: International credits underline their strengths against volatile European backdrop
- Investors on the record: Buyer perceptions and needs explored
30% of responding delegates said attendance “Greatly” expanded their awareness of Asia Pacific structured note opportunities as dealers, issuers and investors.
Top Speakers who last year included:
Woody K. M. Chan EVP, Head of Treasury & Markets, CITIC Bank International
Tee Choon-Hong, Regional Head of Capital Markets, NEA/Korea Standard Chartered
Annemarie Ganatra, Head of EMTNs & Structured Notes, Asia-Pacific HSBC
Jackson Chu, Head of Taiwan Sales Daiwa Capital Markets
Richard Yetsenga, Managing Director, Global Head Emerging Market FX Strategy HSBC
Mariya Aziz, Head of structured MTNs desk Nomura
John Goff, Executive Director, Head of Fixed Income Structuring Nomura
Joseph Chan, Managing Director Standard Chartered
Graham Raward, Head of Funding & Investor Relations Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Murray Swilks, Senior Funding Officer Capital Markets Eksportfinans
Alan Luk, Senior Manager, Head of Investment Advisory Hang Seng Bank
Veronique Lafon-Vinais, Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept of Finance HKUST
Calvin Tam, Treasurer Hong Kong Mortgage Corporation (HKMC)
Gordon Ho, Head of Equity Derivatives Structuring Asia Pacific HSBC
1000+ speed meetings against the clock!
Speedmeetings in progress at mtn-i’s 1st Asia Pacific Showcase.
Our speed-networking/oringinating new clients against the clock sessions developed at our US structured note showcase series consistently get the highest feedback ratings at mtn-i events. You are guaranteed to spend 8 minutes with every potential new issuer, dealer or investor client just by turning up which means you don’t need to be a social networking or schmoozing genius to succeed at our events. 80% of responding delegates at last year’s Asia Pacific event rated our first day Speed Networking sessions Excellent or Very Good. The remainder scored them Good. (Breakdown: 30% Excellent, 50% Very Good, 20% Good).
These are supported by our colour coded attendee photo directory providing full contact, profile and business need information which itself was rated Excellent by 40% of delegates.
…with the regions top 50+
institutions represented among the 125 delegates at last year’s first showcase
Quality counterparties drove new business
As the job titles of the key note speakers and the list of sponsoring and attending institutions represented illustrates – our debut showcase attracted very senior managers from the regions key institutions.
As a result the value of new counterparty relationships generated by attendance was rated Very Good by 80% of delegates.
And a stunning 90% of responding delegates expected new business to be the result of attending our first showcase. 20% of delegates said new business had already been executed as a result in the first few weeks afterwards.
- We’ve already shortlisted the following issuer’s and dealers for our
- The deadline for submissions/pitch bookings is today August 22nd. So you still have time to join the shortlist.
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org now if you would still like to pitch or make a submission.
- The awards will be presented at mtn-i’s 2nd Asia Pacific Awards Dinner on September 29th at the Four Seasons Hong Kong.
- It’s part of mtn-i’s 2nd Asia Pacific Showcase 28th – 30th September 2011 at the Four Seasons Hong Kong and just one element of two days of inspirational product and issuer showcases and structured networking with the regions leading issuers, dealers and investors.