Over 200 delegates and 67 institutions
braved Typhoon Nesat!
mtn-i’s 2nd Asia Pacific Showcase and Awards successfully went this year ahead despite Hong Kong being hit by a Category 8 Typhoon! Typhoon Nesat – Asia’s worst typhoon since 2005!
Even so, 75% of the 209 registered delegates and 67 institutions made it through the storm to at least one part of the showcase.
All 23 of our speakers appeared as scheduled – many of them braving the storm and travelling without insurance to make it. And they were honoured by a similarly impressive delegate turnout. I’m sure you would agree these were heroic efforts given that the typhoon blew six windows out of the Hang Seng Building opposite the Four Seasons!
Registrations this year were near double last year’s 1st Showcase and awards. The number of institutions represented soared by almost 40%, investor delegates trebled, issuer institutions represented were up nearly 50%.
So whilst Typhoon Nesat might have taken some of the wind out of our sails, the event has strong momentum and we are looking forward to bringing an even bigger and better and hopefully typhoon free showcase next year!
Post Showcase Delegate Resources
For those of you who made it and those of you could not get there we are putting together a series of post-event resources to help you make the most of the 2nd mtn-i Asia Pacific Showcase and Awards.
In addition to today’s contact directory we will share with you in the coming days:
- Delegate Contact Directory
- Online feedback questionaire
- Links to speaker presentations
- Photo galleries from the Welcome Cocktails, Showcase and Awards Dinner and Networking Brunch.
- mtn-i magazine Asia Pacific Special Edition including the rationale and story behind each award. (Early November)
- A free trial to mtn-i’s real-time Global MTN, CD and Structured Note coverage and data/analytics platform.
- The results of our feedback questionaire and some of your comments and experiences from the showcase and how it helped you to do more business.
- And we’ve also just launched our mtn-i Linkedin page and group – so please join us here and plug into our rapidly expanding network of issuers, investors and dealers. You can take part in discussions here too!
Delegate Detail and Score Card
209 issuers, investors and dealers registered this year representing 67 institutions at the final count.
37 investor attendees represented 19 asset managers, private banks and insurance companies.
45 funding executives and treasurers represented 26 international and local borrowers.
118 traders, structurers and DCM executives attended on behalf of 18 investment banks and securities houses.